The code of the extension is hosted on [Github] (https://github.com/micheleg/dash-to-dock): get involved in the development, report a bug, contribute!
The source code can be obtained from Github
git clone https://github.com/micheleg/dash-to-dock.git
Here are the Installation instructions.
- Keep the extension updated with new upstream versions.
- Improve integration with the shell, avoiding inconsistencies and taking advantage of new features or design.
- Add keyboard shortcuts
- ensure touch gestures compatibility
- In the long term, rewrite and simplify the code.
There aren’t mayor features planned altough consider new ideas and suggestions.
Please provide as many details as possible and all the steps to reproduce the bug. Include the following information:
- Extension version
- Gnome Shell version
- Linux distribution and version
- Whether you have a multi-monitor configuration
- Your settings: include the output of the command
dconf dump /org/gnome/shell/extensions/dash-to-dock/.
Before reporting a bug:
- Check if the bug persists disabling all other extensions. If not, try to find the conflicting extension by enabling each extension one at a time.
- Check if there are any relevant errors in Looking Glass (
ALt-F2 lg, error panel).
- Look for error messages in the logs. Possible place to look for the relevant logs depend on the system log configuration:
journalctl /usr/bin/gnome-shell. This might require to be run as root/with sudo. You can add
-f, for instance
journalctl /usr/bin/gnome-shell -f, to follow the new messages.
- In the file
- In the file
- Reloading the shell by typing in a terminal (as normal user)
gnome-shell --replaceand looking for relevant output in that terminal when the bug appears. Please note that if running on Wayland this will close your session and all running applications.
- Try to reset the extension settings to their default values with the command
dconf reset /org/gnome/shell/extensions/dash-to-dock/
Dash to Dock Gnome Shell extension is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. See the COPYING file for details.